1) Quotations are valid for a period of 3 months from issue. After receipt of firm order, prices are guaranteed as fixed for 3 months.
2) Clerical Errors whether verbal or in writing are subject to correction if necessary.
3) A; Terms of Payment are an initial payment 25% of total purchase price payable within 10 days of receipt of our written order confirmation to you in order to secure the order with the agreed delivery dates. If initial payment is not received in this period then the supply date will be reviewed in line with the prevailing order lead time at the time payment is received. The signed return of an order confirmation is taken as your agreeing to our full terms and conditions of sale. The complete balance is due immediately on completion when an invoice will be provided, often by our erection team. Further invoicing may be needed to cover work or variations to original order incurred at the time including return visit charges and these invoices are also due for settlement by return.
B; Other payment terms may be agreed in individual circumstances and will be confirmed in our written order confirmation.
C; We will charge interest at 2.5% per month (or part thereof) for late accounts, from the invoice due date until cleared funds arrive in our account. Charges incurred in pursuance of late accounts will also recoverable from the customer.
D; Ownership of the building remains with us until such times as full and final payment is made. If re-sold or transferred, we shall be entitled to the proceeds of the re-sale and also any shortfall in price shall be claimable.
E; Where elevation drawings or other general technical data is required, we will charge a fee which is payable against invoice which will accompany the information. This fee will be refunded to the customer against the final invoice when the building is supplied. Where information such as Structural Design Certification is required from Third Parties then the fees for this are payable against invoice and are non refundable.
4) The customer shall grant us right of access to re-enter their premises solely in order to remove the building in the case of non payment. This right cannot be revoked until payment is received in full.
5) A; All civil works, ground works, brickwork or fixings are entirely the responsibility of the customer and must be prepared to the minimum standards shown in the plans provided.
B; All bases (whether concrete or earth/stone) must be level and civil works / bricklines laid to the required standard. If in our erectors’ opinion it does not meet the standard or is outwith the dimensional tolerances specified, we reserve the right not to erect the building. We will then be entitled to charge for the lost time, travel costs and labour to travel and re-erect the building at a later date. Indicative charges are available on request. If you choose to erect the building yourself, no reduction in the price is allowable. Alternatively, with your agreement, we may erect the building having pointed out clearly the discrepancy but any subsequent problems caused by this shall not be our responsibility.
6) Delivery Dates are given as accurately as possible. A contract is only agreed upon receipt of your written order and initial payment and a contractural delivery date is only agreed once your baseworks are completed ready for building delivery. However we reserve the right to extend or alter the dates for reasons of strike, breakdown, illness or climate without penalty. If a customer has to delay us for any reason then any previously agreed dates no longer apply.
We will use best efforts to meet the requested revised delivery date but orders may have to delayed to the lead time prevailing at that point in time. Our Customer Charter offer to reduce final invoices where delay occurs is solely a goodwill gesture and is made without prejudice or admission of liability. No financial claims resulting from delay can be considered by us.
7) Access to the site must be clear and unrestricted with a minimum width of 3.0m (10’). Due to weight restrictions we are limited to a carry distance of 15m (50’). If further than this or if access is impossible due to ground conditions or health and safety reasons, it is your responsibility to arrange for a tractor/trailer OR sufficient additional labour to assist us in getting to erection site.
8) Electrical supply should be within a reasonable distance, typically 30m (100’). If unavailable, you must advise us so we can arrange for a portable generator which will be chargeable on the final account. If you provide a generator it must have be a minimum 2.2Kva.
9) Most waste materials will be left on site in one location for use or disposal by the customer as required as off-cuts cannot be transported safely. We insist that the area be swept before occupation as no responsibility can be taken for injury due to dropped nails, screws and similar.
10) Improvements and alterations to the design and specification may be made at any stage by us as a result of our policy of continually upgrading our products.
11) Dimensions of timber are shown as nominal (i.e. before planing) in sizes as we are invoiced by our suppliers. The actual size is shown in the technical specifications and on written order confirmations. Similarly buildings are described in imperial measures for ease of understanding but actual sizes supplied will be as per drawings issued with orders and quotations.
12) Timber is a natural product as whilst we purchase materials of high quality suitable for the job and inspect at the time of manufacture, we cannot be held responsible for cracking, warping, shrinkage or similar problems beyond our initial guarantee period (section 13). Timber is subject to seasonal movement which include penetration of water vapour at certain times of year. Our aftercare advice must be followed to restrict any problems in this regard and our guarantees are subject to correct care and maintenance being undertaken.
13) We guarantee to repair or replace (as we see fit) any component or product manufactured by us which fails to perform as may reasonably be expected, unconditionally for a period of 1 year from supply, (subject to allowance for wear and tear and appropriate maintenance being carried out). We undertake for a period of 10 years to guarantee the structure against failure due to bad workmanship. All pressure treated components are guaranteed against rot and decay for 15 years. Externally sourced components such as garage doors, windows, Onduline and other roofing systems are covered by their own manufacturers guarantee procedcures where applicable.
14) Where wind or other climate conditions exceed the normal levels expected for the area in any season, we cannot be held responsible for damage caused to the buildings. In addition where the building is not bolted to a concrete base (typically field shelters) then the Company cannot guarantee the integrity of the structure at all. It is your responsibility to take appropriate steps which reflect your local circumstances.
15) Any damages or shortfall in delivery of any goods or services must be notified verbally within 3 days of erection or delivery and confirmed in writing within 7 days at the latest. Damage must be advised and opportunity be given to inspect the problem before admittance of any animal stock.
16) Problems resulting from inaccuracy in drawings or dimensions supplied by a customer shall not become our responsibility. Any additional work or time taken as a result shall be chargeable.
17) Where an order is placed subject to obtaining relevant planning consents and this is not granted, customers may cancel the order whereupon funds paid will be refunded in full, provided work has not commenced or disruption caused to the working schedule. There may be an administration charge to cover any costs incurred such as drawings. Customers may be asked for a copy of the decision refusing permission before a refund can be paid. Where an order is cancelled for any other reason, we reserve the right to retain any funds paid or part thereof. Our current policy is cancellation by customers within 10 days of order confirmation date will enable a 100% refund, 11 - 30 days from order confirmation 75% refund and 31days + 50% refund. Where cancellation occurs less than 28 days before agreed supply date then 100% of initial payment may be retained. All figures exclude costs for any plans or work carried out on your behalf.
18) The Law of Scotland is deemed to govern any work, supplies or contract.
19) Insurance must be arranged by you to cover materials and equipment on site against fire, theft, loss or damage prior to completion. If not you will be personally liable to make up any losses.
Website Terms and Conditions
Website terms and conditions
The term ‘Saltire Stables’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Saltire Softwood Products Limited, the owner of the website, whose registered office address is The Meridian, 4 Copthall House, Station Square, Coventry, CV1 2FL. (Limited Company Registration No: 2746452; VAT registration number 607 4422 58.)
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent from Saltire Stables.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
• you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Saltire Stables is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Saltire Stables may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22/06/2010.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or sending ane-mailto Saltire Stables.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Saltire Stables at Kedlock, Cupar, Fife, KY15 4PY.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Saltire Stables and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Saltire Stables . We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Saltire Stables takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.